Monday, February 24, 2014

Little Tokyo Makati: Sunday Fiesta

As I have stated in this blog

I went to Little Tokyo for the Sunday Fiesta. I wanted to see how events are held there and I wanted to eat Okonomiyaki from one of the restaurants there. The poster said the event was between 4 to 10pm. So I meet with my partner by 4pm, but I was still super early XD So we went around the two Japanese groceries with the area, Choto Stop and Yamasaki Grocery. I bought a few items from both shops.

Inside the Yamasaki Grocery

Early birds got free Ice Candy

Everything started at 6 pm and another friend with two of her friends joined us. We stayed near Oishinbo and ordered dinner as  Kagura, is the only place within Little Tokyo, that has Okonomiyaki (Do correct me if I am wrong) opened pass 6pm and all their tables has been reserved. However, we were able to order from them which was fine coz I just really want to have okonomiyaki XD


Left to Right: Aura'sGuy Friend, Aura and Shei (I will correct this I promise)

top left to right: instant yakisoba, CC Lemon, Gyoza
Mid left to right: Apple Ice Candy, Rice Balls, Okono Mix
bottomL Dojo Wasabi Ice Cream


The first event was the Nagashi Somen (Flowing Noddles), I wanted to join this but I remembered we ordered okonomiyaki, I knew I cannot handle to much Japanese food so I passed. It was fun to watch though, for php 30 you have the chance to catch cold flowing noodles for three minutes. I have a short video of it. In the background you have Mr. Yu Miyoshi playing the koto. The Event was hosted by Aisaku and AK. We stayed until the end of the hot Chawanmushi speed eating contest.

Oh!!! After years of looking for it I finally got to taste Wasabi Ice Cream from Dojo Dairy. We bought the 4 oz cup for Php 120 and shared our friends. I was like vanilla ice cream with a spicy after taste!

Wasabi Ice Cream!

Random Find: Instant Curry (yes I heart the box designs)

And I got to see Niji again. We met him and his father during Eiga Sai 2012
Look this boy's name is Niji!

We did not finish the event as I needed to be home early and for consideration was there were a lot of people waiting to be sited. I had great fun and It is wrong to be greedy.


How was your weekend?

Cross Posted here 

No comments:

Post a Comment