Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fashion vs Style

Let us start with defining the two words

Fashion
A popular trend, especially in styles of dress and ornament or manners of behavior.

Style
A distinctive appearance, typically determined by the principles according to which something is designed.

Both definition were lifted from google

Why did I define the two terms? For me to point out that they are not the same, they can be synonymous but not interchangeable for me. Fashion is general and Style is fashion with a personal touch. Take this black dress as a sample.
Let us say that this black lace dress in the new in fashion. It means it is trendy. However not all that is trendy looks good on people. That is where style comes in. Now look at this modified photo (sorry about the bad photoshoping)
By adding a few items it have become my style, yes I like Gothic things. This is my style and I know if I have these items with me I will look good in it. I has become unique to me, as against if I just were the black dress.

I sure you have your own style one that will always make you look good unlike fashion that only looks good on a select few

Thanks for dropping by

No comments:

Post a Comment