Monday, February 17, 2014

Nostalgia Bombs

bridge bnw by bloodyblue







Black and white and sepia colored photos. Photos that are in these color mode makes you feel like you are looking at an old photo depicting the past or of what use to be. However, with the advancement of technology most cameras have this color mode.

I have been in love with taking photos and these color modes are perfect if you are trying to take photos and trying to incorporate a story into the photo. It also gives an effect that the photo has been taken ages ago.


I got into the black and white or sepia modes when I was sad about something. Thus these following photos were the outcome.


Let us start, Sepia toning is a specialized treatment to give a black-and-white photographic print a warmer tone and to enhance its archival qualities from Wikipedia.

I call this one my treasure box

And this one is called Stashed Away
These photos were taken at a time that I was single and basically, I was feeling sad as a relationship I cared for just disappeared without a trace. The items in the box are things I kept from two guys I have loved. The photos were taken 2007.

On to the black and white photos:

This one I call Pillars

Stairs
Location was at a memorial park in Manila, the place was perfect for Gothic Shoot ^_^

At that time, I was feeling alone even though I was with a group. I was feeling that something was missing. Black and white photos circa 2010

What do you think? Do you feel what I felt in the photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment