Saturday, February 22, 2014

Confessions of a Japanholic

I am not really sure why there are a lot of Japanese related event this month but basically I’m torn by it today there is an ongoing free film screening in Shangri-la Plaza EDSA, Mandaluyong called 2014 Nihongo FiestaFilm Mania.

2-day event at Shangri-la Plaza EDSA
2014 Nihongo Fiesta Film Mania at Shangri-la Plaza EDSA
The films line up
February 22 (Saturday)
11:00 a.m. Howl’s Moving Castle (119 mins.) Shang Cineplex, Premiere Theater
01:30 p.m. Howl’s Moving Castle (119 mins.) Shang Cineplex, Premiere Theater
04:00 p.m. Howl’s Moving Castle (119 mins.) Shang Cineplex, Premiere Theater
07:00 p.m. Robo-G (111 mins.) Shang Cineplex, Cinema 1

February 23 (Sunday)
01:00 p.m. The Voices of a Distant Star (25 mins.) Shang Cineplex, Cinema 1
02:00 p.m. Brave Story (111 mins.) Shang Cineplex, Cinema 1
04:30 p.m. King of Thorn (109 mins.) Shang Cineplex, Cinema 1
07:00 p.m. Robo-G (111 mins.) Shang Cineplex, Cinema 1

As you can see it is for two days but I wanted to go today, I wanted to watch Howl’s Moving Castle in the big screen. However, It is now late and I decided to pass for the event tomorrow at a place called Little Tokyo called Sunday Fiesta. Little Tokyo is a small area with I think six plus restaurants all serving Japanese food and they are surrounded by Japanese Groceries. Have you heard of this place?



I have been there for number of occasion but tomorrow will be the first time that there will be an actual event organized by the people of Little Tokyo so I am excited about it.

Deciding factor for not going out today is that I have watched Howl’s Moving Castle at home and I still have the copy I can watch it anytime so yah.

The weekend is now here, what are you doing?

Cross posted here

No comments:

Post a Comment