Monday, June 12, 2017

Silventures: The World of Coffee

The passport to the event

Starbucks was busy this weekend with their Coffee Appreciation Festival held at Glorietta 2 Activity Center. The event is about the different coffee beans they offer and the methods of brewing coffee. Getting is was simple you need to have a Starbucks Card. Get your passport get stamped and you are off to learn more about your breakfast drink.

Stamped

Let's get this started

So, they have featured, beans from Kenya, Sumatra, Columbia and Cafe Vinta. The first three stations you can get a stamp on your passport for your freebies. There where a lot of trivia about coffee and the machines used you brew coffee to get a different flavor every time. I enjoyed the coffee tasting, I just have to remember next time to have water with me and eat before tasting coffee.


 Check the crowd and the displays:
reason why coffee from the highlands is different from the ones in lower grounds

Coffee Vinta station
Coffee art
I like this piece a lot. This is Rise and Shine by Rev Cruz

Demo for the AeroPress
The AeroPress is a simple machine that I think you can use while on the go. You just need hot water and your ground coffee beans. The taste of the coffee for me is similar to the instant coffee we have but with this you are sure that you are using pure coffee beans. Although, this is ideal for personal use only.

Demo for the Siphon Brewing Process

Siphon Brewing Process is just so amusing



If you are a coffee loving artist, this is the type of process you will like. According to Coffe Master Ana, Siphon is a theatrical way to make coffee. I mean look at that set up. Also, this is not for someone that is in a  hurry. It highlights the actual taste of the coffee you are brewing.

Chemex Demo
The Chemex Brewing method is simple just like the AeroPress. For me, it does take more time than the AeroPress, but it does not give me the feeling that I'm forcing the flavors out of the coffee grounds. You need to place your filter and coffee on the brewer that looks like a pitcher and slowly pour hot water on the coffee. It is relaxing to see the coffee drip from the filter too.


Sparkling Coffee Lemonade
I waited for the last station to serve this one. Sparkling Coffee Lemonade is Starbucks' newest product. Lately, people are in to machines that carbonate your water for you. This follows the same method, but SB carbonated everything not just the water. I like this one, too bad only selected SB has them.

Done with the stamps
Freebies


Short Video of the Siphon brew demo:

This was a great event. I love learning new things. However, I did forget to ask what is the best brewing method and coffee bean from someone who is acidic as me. Maybe next time I see a Coffee Master, I can ask. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment