Friday, August 10, 2018

Random words pretending to be a poem: Grow like you

on the other side by bloodyblue

I don't want to grow old.
To be honest I think I have done everything I want to do
Everything people around me told me I should do.
I don't want to live any further.

I don't want to reach the age where people don't want me to be with them
I don't want to be told that I should stay with person A 
Then be told by person A that I should stay with person B

I think I have lived long enough to be happy
I have traveled with friends and family
I have even traveled alone.

I have tasted food cooked just for me
I have tasted food that is too expensive for some
I have even tasted food that is worth stars

I think I have done enough for a lifetime
I don't want to go any further
The things I have on my plate is enough

The life I have lived is enough
So please stop asking me to be more
Especially if you chose to not grow 
The way you are asking me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment