Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Silventure: Ang Huling El Bimbo the Musical


The last time I was in a theater was in college for my theater class. No, I was not part of the acting cast. I was more of the support as I was an irregular student. So this year was really awesome for the initial run of the musical play "Ang Huling El Bimbo."



This was held at the Newport Performing Arts Theater. Joy and I watched the August 25 Gala show. The play is about a group of friends that grew after because of an incident that happened before the graduation of the 3 main characters.


The humor and the way they have used the lyrics of song created by Eraserheads, was witty and amusing. I did not think that there were so many songs from that iconic bank that I did not know. There was comedy, romance and tragedy.


As the title implies a girl will die for what reason I don't want to say so I won't spoil anyone. All I know is that you need to watch this. It is worth it and relatable for titos and titas like me! Pray that there will be a re-run of this play in the future as the remaining show are already sold out!

It was so memorable to see this play and to see Jon Santos up close. No photos are he was talking to The Rene Salud after the curtain call. I really, we really need more of this. I just hope in the future it will be more accessible to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment