Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Back Ride Diaries:Ternate-Nasugbu (Kaybiang) Tunnel

This was one of the highlights of 2015. Still a back ride but it was awesome! We started early, the group met up at Mcdonald's Pala-Pala. Then we picked up two other riders along the way, I'm not sure where it was exactly. I did not track the progress of the ride, so forget me about giving estimates.

From there, we traveled straight to Naic, Cavite, then to passed by Ternate, Cavite. Ternate is known to have beautiful beaches and there is a bridge where you will be able to see where the waters of the Maragondon River and Manila Bay meet:

Maragondon Bridge
After this, I saw the entrance to Puerto Azul. I did not think that I will see it again as it has been a long time since I was there with relatives during the 90's. The next stop was the Marine Base, we did not take photos there, though. We continued the ride up to a dead end, that seems to be one of the entrances to Caylabne Hotel. Here are some photos:

Behind us is a view of the Marine Base

The motorcycles
The motorcycles with their riders

There are monkeys in the area.

Sherome and his Baby
It was almost lunch time when we got to the Kaybiang Tunnel. It was opened to the public in 2013, at 300 meters it is the longest underground highway in the country. It connects Ternate and Batangas. It is popular to riders and cyclists. Checkout this video just excuse me for being amuse by this. XD

Here are more photos:
You will find this place on the Batangas side You can eat your packed food here for free.
They also sell drinks and snacks



The one behind the counter, she's the owner of this place.
 The next thing we did was to ride from Kaybiang to Tagaytay! There is not much to see after this. This trip just made me realize that Batangas is huge! I did not even feel like I have been to one of the roads we use for this trip and I have been to Batangas I think twice by then. There are so many roads you can take.








No comments:

Post a Comment