Saturday, July 8, 2017

Silventure: Mambukal Resort

Mambukal
Mambukal Resort

When you are in Bacolod and you want to swim, some people would suggest Lakawon Island Resorts. If you do not have the time, there are other places that you can do the same thing! One is Mambukal Resort in Brgy. Minoyan, Murcia, Negros Occidental. A plus for this place is that they house 4,000 bat. They also have the trails for 7 water falls.

No crowded buses
the travel buddy



Sites during the trip

How to get there? Go to the Murcia Bus terminal in Mabini Street.  From Go Hotel, it is just one jeep ride, remember you need to ride a jeep with Bata.  I know the maps take you around. You can just alight at Mabini and walk toward the terminal. If you are lucking you will already see a bus that has left the terminal and is on its way to Mambukal. The fare is Php 35, you must remember this. Don't ask the guy collecting the fare. I was told it was Php 50. Yes! I was scammed. Travel time from Bacolod City is about 45 minutes to an hour. 


Once you get to the resort, you need to pay the entrance fee of Php 50 per person. Then, you can start walking to whatever activity you want to do first within the resort. There are a number of activities you can do based on their site. Some of them are no longer available though, like the Canopy walk and slide for life. 

No swimming
the main sulfur spring (NO swimming in this one)

Boating Lagoon*

When we got there the Dipping pool I wanted to try was still close, it was on maintenance but they will open the place up but 10:30am. So, we explored the rest of the resort. I was looking for the Ishiwata Bath House beacause it looks so awesome in the site. sadly, it did not look like that anymore. So, on to the next thing we can look at main sulfur spring, it was so blue that I wanted to just touch the water, then I remembered the no swimming sign. It must have been really hot that it can melt your fingers.










Can you tell that I loved the Butterfly Garden? Entrance fee was Php 25. You can stay for as long as you want, but the place is small you can go around it with 5 minutes. But there are so many butterflies to take photos of! Some just lands on you, as you can see in the photos above. I think they were attracted to Sherome too. I saw butterflies land on his head three times.

Bats
This is what you will see along the was to the dipping pool

The dipping pool

Last year, I was here but this pool was close. So, we when to the Japanese Ofuro, with an actual Japanese enjoying the hot tub. It was my goal this time to try this dipping pool which was according to my friend less hot than the ofuro. We stayed for about an hour in the pool. I wanted to stay longer but I did feel that my nose might bleed if I stay longer.

I definitely recommend this place for a day trip. You can stay here over night if you do plan to trek for the 7 waterfalls. I was told it was tiring to do so. Also, there is no publish rates for the trek guides. You may need to know someone that knows how much is it, or at least know a fair price for that guides.


Mambukal Resort Information:
Website: http://mambukalresort.negros-occ.gov.ph/rates.html (not updated)
Mambukal Reservation Office: (034) 433-8516

No comments:

Post a Comment