Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dress Code: why is there a difference?






I like dressing up if possible I will do it all the time, but my fashion sense is not really for the everyday look. Society has set rules about it, and you know why it’s hard to follow? It’s because of the unspoken.


Unspoken rules are behavioral constraints imposed in organizations or societies that are not voiced or written down.
~ Wikipedia


Let’s say that you are going for job interview for an office you need to be in corporate attire. A skirt or slacks with blouse or polo. I get that you have to be presentable as a first impression but will it not be easier for the interviewer to see you when you are comfortable and yourself during the interview, than be surprised after hiring you that you that you have an attitude that was covered up by the clothes you were wearing?


Dressing up is not that bad for me, I know I should as after all people are attracted to physical appearance first. However, I’m sure that most people would want to be accepted for who they are and for the possible contribution he/she can give. Also, this may not be for everyone but I do feel more productive if I’m in the clothes that I like, which most of the time Jeans and shirts.


Yes you might think that I’m just making an excuse for all the time I have failed an interview maybe it was not the clothes, maybe it was really who I was and what I want to work on. I just want to point something out. I how this make sense in a way still, thanks for reading this. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment