Monday, May 4, 2015

Food Tripping: Vikings Mall of Asia

Rice area


I love the fact that you can have a table reserve for you without making any payment. You can call them or message the Facebook page of the branch that you intent visit. You will get a confirmation that your reservation has been noted, you can even add more people to the reservation if need the same means.

I got there around 11:10 am. There are two lines once you get there, one is for the people with reservation and the other is for the ones that just walked in. I got in by 11:15 and waited for my family to come.  At the table, I was asked if there was anyone from my group that is celebrating their birthday, I told them that it was my birthday then they asked for my id I did not tell them that we were there for the Graduation promo was well as I was not sure I have enough of the people count. To be able to get a 2 people free, I need one person to be with me for the birthday promo and 3 people with my brother for the graduation promo.  By 12 noon, they finally got there, it was my brother and sister first, and then Sherome arrived, my Parents were late.

So let’s move one with the service and the food



As it was my birthday, I got a cake and a bday song it was funny I do not like being sang to but I was their job but I did enjoy it a bit and as my friend said at least it is really your birthday. The food was good; I liked the ambience of the place but only when there were less people. So unlike Banzai that serves Teppanyaki and Japanese food, Vikings caters to a number of cuisines, from Chinese, American, Indian, Japanese.



Even on a weekday it was packed. It felt a bit crowded but fun nonetheless. I liked the dessert area, the blueberry juice, hakaw, there was Green Tea Ice Cream but I did not get to taste it XD. May siblings enjoyed the hotpot. While Papa and Mama found the Lechon.

There was something that made me feel off about a particular Manager… not sure if she was one but she did look like she held a higher post based on what she is wearing. She approached our table and asked if there was anyone who was sitting on the two empty seats. I said yes and then I also added that we were to take advantage of the Graduation Promo as my brother did just graduated 2 weeks before. I have all the information in my head. We need to be 6 in a group so that I and my brother can have free buffet lunch. As it was on the day of my birthday, I need to bring at least one paying adult and for the Graduation promo it as to be 3:1 or 3 paying adult to one graduate.

That was when she told me that the Graduation promo was 4:1. That surprised me as my info was from their message in Facebook. So I just said that from what I know it is 3:1 and told her that I got my info from the Official FB page. She said she will check it, but she did ask for my brother’s id and graduation program and she walked away. So yes that scene left a bad taste in my mouth.

Overall I still loved that day and I will do it again but maybe in another eat all you can place 


Photos:













No comments:

Post a Comment