Sunday, May 17, 2015

MRO C/S and HPG4A FMI Cavite: Operation Kalusugan



Yesterday I was with MRO C/S and HPG4A FMI Cavite in Bus City, Molino Cavite. They had coordinated with the Bethany Baptist Church and staged a feeding program for the families staying in Bus City.
If you do not know where Busy City is… here is the map:


It's pretty close to SM Molino
Do you see the buses?

I arrived while they were playing parlor games. Break time came soon after which of course was the time to fill our bellies after sweating it out under the sun. They do say that the best way to bond with a group is eating together; BOODLE FIGHT STYLE! The group is compose of people from different ways of life and location but they came together so share what they have with the families of Bus City. They had cooked Lugaw in the morning and Champorado for the afternoon snack and packed clothes that by the end of the program were awarded to the families. There was a bit of Bible sharing as well from Brother MJ from Bethany Baptist Church.

As I was late and I really did not do much I was not able to even help with the cooking and such. I just observed what the group was doing, seeing how the children run around and talk to the people of MRO C/S and HPG4A FMI Cavite, you know that they have done something good. The smiles and how comfortable the children are with the group, shows that this simple act of kindness goes a long way. Some of the kids, call members by their name and I remember one of the kids asking me Babalik kayo bukas diba? You are coming back tomorrow, right? This was the first time that they have done this, and for me it was successful and they have touched the lives of these people.


This was one fun day, I will try to know if there are more projects like this in the future so I can do my share and maybe I can find people that want to help too. If you want to know more about MRO Cavite/South  please visit their Facebook Group Page

Here are some of the photos I have from the event 

Games: The Boat is Sinking

Lunch: Boodle Fight


Sir Dannie's Dog resting

Here are some of your Volunteers 

Juice anyone?

Thank you for the prayer from the Pastor of Bethany Baptist Church


No comments:

Post a Comment