Monday, August 5, 2019

Silventure: Color Manila Blacklight Run


So last July 20 Color Manila had the Blacklight run in Laguna! In that light, I would like to talk about my Blacklight experience las May 25 ni Alabang. Yes, I think that was a back segway.

JBL freebie

Ever since I have heard of this fun run, I wanted to try it even just once. Good thing Sherome is game to go this. We have tried fun runs before but with zombies and we had to stay "alive". This one was a lot more simple we just have blacklight headlamps and we get to play with colored powder.

Reason for joining to see my hair glow in blackligh
It was fun as it was done at night you don't have to wake up early. You get to finish it on your own phase as the event was not timed. It was weird to see some people really trying to finish it quickly and that was not even interested in the colored powder.


This is the run for you if you do not like the sun and waking up early. The event opened at 5pm and the assembly time was supposed to be at 8pm. Although the crowd started building up at around 9pm so yes the Gun Start for the people taking the 10K route was late.


We have done the runners pledge. Plus there were warm-ups from different sponsors like Anytime Fitness and Pinoy Fitness (not too sure about this one). When it was our time (5K runners) to start, I thought it will just be one surge of runners. They let people run in batches, I guess to make sure that there are enough time and space for everyone.


Our batch started to run around 9:45pm. Sherome and I got back around 11pm. Yap that was long, we were just brisk walking. We took our time with the color stations. Overall it was fun. I wish we had more friends with us though.


After crossing the finish line we got our colored powder and medal as well as the free water. We did not stay for the after-party or the group photo where you can throw the powder in the air for a great photo op. Once we had our freebies, we changed clothes and went back to the hotel.

Yap I still have the powder at home

No comments:

Post a Comment