Wednesday, January 8, 2014

14 Goals for 2014

I was thinking of doing thirteen things I have learned during 2013, but I think it’s too late to make one. After all, it will take me a long time to remember all the things I have learned and narrow them down to thirteen. This is also for me to think about the present future than the past XD

      1.       Travel more. I have been working at home for two years plus now. Yes, the pay is good but it confines me in my room for almost seven days a week. So for this year, I want to visit places I have once been to or a new place to explore without the guilty feeling that I’m alone in such a beautiful place. Hey, the goal is to travel more not to spend more. One of these days I will just randomly post a photo of me in Baguio in my Instagram account and you will be just surprised

2.       Build a Career. As much as I love my home-based work, I need to grow. Looking for work is actually easy but getting hired is hard. Last year, I was called for an interview at a place where my current skill set is a bit off but I always said that everything can be learned. I was excited. However, I did not know what happened. Yes, I was not called back after the final interview. A new year will bring new opportunities. I just feel it! Wait for me Work that I will love forever.

3.       Be more patient. I’m not really sure about this I think, I’m patient enough with a lot of things, however, there are things if not done in time or as soon as possible, it gets me annoyed. A good example is when someone tells me it will be done in a week’s time and yet nothing happens after a week.  I’m pretty approachable; you can tell me if you can’t do it in the time frame I ask you to do it. We can adjust it; after all, I’m aware that people have other things to do.(Just don’t make me feel like you are just lying in bed all day) So yeah I know I’m patient but I think I need more. (This is maybe because I’m growing old XD)

4.       Follow the Schedule. I like writing down the things I need to buy or do. I have tendencies to delay work for about an hour to do something else or once I’m bored I will do something new. This is a habit I have acquired after working in the BPO industry. Learning to actually follow a schedule can help me do more and practice number 3.

5.       Let go of things that make me sad. Things, places, memories, and even people. There is no use in keeping them. For the past years, I may have kept them, as a keepsake and a reminder not to do the same mistake. Some as a reminder of something that was fun and sweet but ended badly. I’m going to throw them out but I will ensure that I do not see them too often because it affects my mood and my interaction with other people. XD

6.       Jog XD. Enough said.

7.       Save. I want my own place after all. The future is uncertain after all. I may end up alone or with a family. So yeah saving is one of the things I really have to do. I have my investment with Manulife, struggling to keep it there too but I really think it will be worth it. I have heard people saying that putting money in a bond or investment is not worth it as the inflation with lessening the value of your money, I say it is still better to have something to use in the future than spend it all on gadgets and short thrills.

So yeah, the list is seven points short from 14. However, this would mean more effort will be given to each. How about you what are your plans for this year?

1 comment: