Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Review: BreakOut Philippines



This is regarding the Management as we did not get to try the room itself

Last Sunday was the suppose start of my 3-day birthday celebration, but is started bad. The initial plan was to try out the BreakOut. I wanted the 2 pm schedule but when I checked the booking page on April 13, this is what I got:



So, I thought that the earlier slots are all taken by other people. So we, yes we I was with 5 other people decided to be on the 5pm schedule and just have dinner after. So I emailed support@breakout.com.ph to ask on how we can secure that slot, I have presented other open schedules as well. Here is the reply after we confirm that we want the 5pm slot for the Outbreak Manila Room




So we know that on April 19, we have to be at the Paragon Plaza by at least 4:45 for the briefing. Me and my partner Sherome traveled from Cavite to Mandaloyong via Motorcycle, once there I have notice that the front door seem unguarded, we were looking for the basement parking lot. When we found it, the guard told us that there was not electricity in the building and that there was no staff at the Breakout Office. Time check 2:30pm or so, the guard did tell us that the power might be back by 6pm or earlier. So at that point I knew the game will be cancelled.

 We decided to wait for the others at Megamall, I have sent a message to proceed to Megamall instead of Paragon Plaza. While waiting, I emailed again and asked what was going on here is the reply.



There were three people that did not get my message and proceeded to Paragon Plaza, they did found out that it was a schedule maintenance of the said building, something that I think they should have told us during the exchange of emails when we had the room booked. Although my friend did suggest that there were aware of the schedule maintenance and the memo on the door did say that all will be done by 5pm, they should have gave a heads up about it and not making the people that had booked worry. The screen shot below sums up the ending 



Refund as issued the next day around 10 am. The planing and the effort was wasted... I don't believe in refunds to make up for bad service.  Well I guess there are thinking we are just a small group and that there are others willing to try the game so we are not a big loss to them. Ha continue that mindset and I'm sure you guys will be closing soon 







No comments:

Post a Comment