Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Great Gastby and so much more

There have been a number of movies that has gotten their share of remakes. I was just recently I found out that the movie “The Great Gastby” that was released last year 2013 was a remake of a movie made in 1974 with the same title.

I have written something about this before but it was based all in the 2013 film, but I can find it now.  So I did research more after the movie this time.  It was based on the novel of F. Scott Fitzgerald published in 1925. It was a story about a person hopping that her can have his old life back, being in love and loved by the girl he felt married too. This is my observation from the two movies. I’m on the hunt for the book now.

If you have not watched this movie I suggest you start with the 1974 one, there are similarities but the way it was told was different. One is more on the narration of Nick and other did not follow anyone’s point of view. I really have to read the book first before I say which one is more faithful to the book.


One thing is sure though, now and then when it comes to love both the rich and the poor can never have what they want without sacrificing so much.

This the reason why I found out that The Great Gatsby is originally a 1974 film*


*Photo not mine


No comments:

Post a Comment