Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Life Update: I bid good bye to my Gallbladder

This was my hospital bed
Late March of this year I was diagnosed with a stone in my gallbladder. I did not want to go under the knife for it so I try the medication first. Which was a bad choice if you did not want to change your diet. Long story short, I wasted 6 thousand pesos and I still had to go under the knife to get it removed.

The medicine did not work as according to the surgeon the type of stone orientals has are the type that can't be broken down as it is no just cholesterol but it is a mix of bile salt and sometimes calcium.
So it was set, June 29 I have to get it removed.

I was told to go for a second opinion but to be honest I did not want to. Once it will be a waste of credit from the HMO and two I know that if I don't get it removed now it might produce another stone in the future. I just want to get things over with.

It's now July 3 it has been two days since I got out of the hospital. I will feel weird and dizzy. I can only wash my hair and sponge bath myself. After all that I feel normal as if nothing was taken out of me. I'm only reminded that I'm missing my gallbladder when I feel my wounds aching.

There will be changes in my diet as I can't have pork, beef, dairies and fatty food. So, yah here is to be trying to be healthy for reals!

This is me a day before the surgery



No comments:

Post a Comment