Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hairventure: Arctic Fox Hair Color

So, April is my birth month! The time where I do what I want. XD

So now, my hair is multi-colored
Day 1

Got my hair bleached last month. I did kinda like the blonde but after a day, I colored my hair with Arctic Fox Poseidon and Violet Dream. It has been my dream to be able to dye my hair in another, non mellow shade. As it is my birthday month, I got it done.

Let's talk more about the brand first. They started 2014, it contains no drying alcohols, PPDs, or harsh chemicals. It is also known to bleed less and it will fade to a shade with the same color spectrum. Meaning if you dye your hair purple it will fade to a shade that is still purple but lighter or just pastel.Plus, 15% of their profit is donated to two NGOs working to help animals. You can read more at http://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/pages/about-us

Let's review how long has lasted on my hair. Please know that I can't resist using shampoo that is Sulfate based, so fading is normal. Got scolded for not using dry shampoo by the way! XD
As the caption said, the photo above is day 1. I did also added conditioner to the dye. This is why it is not as saturated as most people would expect.

Day 3: a slight fade is noticeable

Day 4: I looks pastel in this one

Day 6: also in this one it is pastel
Day 7: the blue part looks gray but the purple part is okay

Day 10: Maybe it is the lighting as it looks like it I'm ready to have it dyed again

Day 23: but the color underneath is still okay

As you can see after 23 days the color is still there but not as vibrant as it is supposed to be, unless you are checking the color underneath. All in all, I think Arctic Fox is good the color is lovely and it come with a scent that can cover the smell of the bleach. I do like the fact that Violet Dream came out awesome!

Overall, I like Arctic Fox. I will observe again once I dye my hair with the help of a stylist. Maybe it will be vibrant longer.

Here are some points I need to remember next time I dye my hair: 

1. Have it done in a salon. I did not go to a salon to have the dye applied as I thought that they might use up all the dye in one sitting. 
2. Make sure to have dry shampoo or Sulfate-free shampoo ready.
3. Don't mix conditioner if you are not after the pastels. XD

Here is my bleach hair photo for randomness
Day 0: Bleached hair
Oh! If you want Arctic Fox hair dye, visit Rainbow Head's FB page

Check out part 2 here

No comments:

Post a Comment