Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Food at Moities Forever

Well we all know that sometimes big events like this may be delayed. Don’t worry I did not lose weight while waiting haha. This by far is the most posh wedding I have ever been too. During the wait there were waiters serving torones (sorry not sure what they were) with I think mayo stuffing topped with caviar and others were serving drinks.

Here is the reception area when we arrived
A photo posted by Sarah Jane Quintano (@schmaltz08) on

After the ceremony, there was a bit of free time again. The god parents table had name cards that was I think hand written by Sir Pao. Here is a photo.

Again wine was served and chips with the same mayo like share with caviar. See how Mama Sarah enjoys the view and the wine
A photo posted by Sarah Jane Quintano (@schmaltz08) on
It was the most luxurious dinner I have ever had here is the menu for that night

It was a six course dinner
Here are the list of beverages you can request for 
Excuse the photos I did not have my camera

table setting

finger food on the table
Budino of Parmigiano-Reggiano Shard
The dish above was serve as soon as people started sitting down on their table, I wanted to eat it as soon as it was serve but I did not know if I can so I wait for the others to start. It turned out that there was still more to this dish the soup

Watercress, Balsamico Sciroppo
Sorry if it does not look good, yes I know I have ruined the presentation by eating the shard ahead, but I like it that way the cheese was good (yes that is bias as I love cheese). This was paired with Santa Rosa Chardonnay, Mendoza, Argentina, 2011

Field Greens, Baby Rucola, Rmaine, Strawberry, Edible flowers with Organic Duck
 and drizzle with Citrus Vinaigette
Paired with Otoñal Rose "Grupo Olarra", Spain 2012 was a great contrast for the citrusnesso of the Vinaigette. I never knew that flower will be nice as part of the salad it added a wonderful shade to the greens

Spinach Raviolo, Mushroom Trifolati in Truffle cream topped with Prosciutto
This was my favorite, It was paired with Santa Rosa Chardonnay, Mendoza, Argentina, 2011. I'm a sucker for any cream based dish. This dish made me want another serving but of course that was not allowed. I'm not a foodie, I just love to eat and I will definite want to have this again.

Lemon-Basil Sgroppino
Sgroppino means Italian Cocktail, I liked this one as well. All thought this was a Cocktail I do not think that this had any alcohol in it. It was very refreshing to drink

Grilled US Rib Eye, Quinoa Pearl Bed Porcini Au Jus with Zucchine Fritters and Ginger Perfume
Steak was the main course, I'm not sure it it was done or medium rare as the inside was quite raw. I liked it. It was very tender and easy to cut. Now last and everyone's favorite part... Dessert

Almond-Crusted Mille-Feuille with Sweeet Strawberry Mascarpone Foam
on the side was Poached Strawberry, pears and Red Grape, Choco lava 
Dessert was heaven with that Up Dharma Down started the party. Note to self If I do get married make sure to serve the alchol before telling people that they will give a toast from me and my husband. Bwahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment