Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tips on: What to do when you lose your phone?

I'm not happy about it.

It has been 2 weeks now since I lost my phone. With it photos, messages, and information that is
meant for me only. I don't really know how to move on from it. I don't even know if they are still safe. I have accepted the fact that I will not be able to get my phone, sim and sd card back.

I miss Kintoki! Yes! I give names to my gadgets. I know I will never get it back, I'm just glad that I have my old number back. There could have been ways for me to save my phone from being accessed.  Too bad I found out about it after I lost my phone.

Here are some tips!

1. Get an app that can track your phone.

It will be best if you can find one that can access your phone even if there is no mobile data or your phone is not connected to any hotspot.

2. Get your number blocked ASAP

Get an affidavit of lost and bring it to your sim operator as soon as you can. This will help prevent calls or message that will be made by the one that stole your phone. I learn the hard way that this has to be the first thing I have to do to get my mobile number back. I had to wait 2 more days for the network to verify that it was my number I was trying to retrieve.

3. If you can have the IMEI of your phone blocked.

This will prevent your phone from connecting to any network making it useless to anyone that will get it. The process is tedious but it will be worth it. It can be done thru email or by going to one of the offices of the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC). I got this information in this forum post.

Here is what the site looks like.



Email from NTC
They have their own affidavit that needs to be notarized. You can download the form here.


I have yet to get a reply about my question about item number 2 in the form. It states that you want the number in the lost phone to be blocked. I'm not sure if you still need to do that if you have already retrieved the number. I will update this blog once I get the reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment