Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thinking out loud: Why do people want other people’s attention?


It’s to affirm that they are alive. That someone still notices them in my opinion. This is why blogs and social networks grew to popularity. It feeds one’s need to be noticed may it be in a good or bad way. I’m not saying that is bad, I do it myself you can check my Facebook for random post.

There are pros and cons to it, but I think the cons comes in as soon you realize that the net is either to guarded or too open. Let’s take the recent a video of two high school students that when viral on Facebook as an example. They were on the third based and moved for a home run. I was able to see the video and reported it. I got the reply from Facebook similar to the photo below.


 
Reply after the second report
I had to report twice before I got the message that is was remove by the page that posted it so my report got updated here is the message. It took a while for the community to realize that that post was bad for the image of Facebook but heck some speculations were made on why FB did not remove the video ASAP; one was because it generated hits for the page that posted it, and online the more hits you have the better standing you will get on any search engine and better profit if you are the type of page that lives on views and clicks on the advertisements you have on you site.

You know I do want to have my blog to gain more hits, as I want to share things to other people without stepping on other people…  Ps the video was apparently recorded by the guard of the school about a year ago. Tsk… Tsk... tsk… he should have been the first on to reprimand the kids and yet he just recorded it and shared to the world.

Why do people want other people’s attention?

To affirm that they are alive, I just hope that they get attention for something good.

If you have other reasons why people want other people’s attention, please do share them with me an the world

No comments:

Post a Comment